Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1 Mac Attack 1 - Activity 4: End-of-Day-Reflection

First day of school was... not that bad, actually. I had butterflies in my stomach and all but it went away almost as soon as it came. The PSLs were really accommodating so I had loads of fun.

We started the day off with the ice-breakers 'Skittles' & 'Blow Wind Blow'. It was enjoyable and at the the same time effective - we (kinda) achieved our goal of familiarizing our selves with one another.

Today, Mrs Lew - our fantastic, wonderful, awesome, not to mention kind, form teacher - taught us the 3Rs.

The 1st R: Roles
The 2nd R: Responsibilities
The 3rd R: Rights

We even did an activity on it: Allocated into groups of 3 or 4, we made our own rules (with respect to the 3Rs). Mrs Lew hung them up on the board (like a gallery) and told us to survey them. We had to take a picture of a rule that intrigued us/we could relate to. I chose, 'Freedom of speech'. Simply because it intrigued me.

LEARNED
I learnt how to DANCE! I learnt life lessons - 'Being Sensible' & 'Being Safe' will bring you a long way in life (some teacher said it, I thought it was pretty sensible). Plus, the 3Rs are an important factor in life! O.o Did you know?!

WHY SST?
Simple, I guess. One, there's the matter of the 'Learning Device'. Second, SST is the school of Science and Technology - I wann
a be a either a dentist or a doctor and both of my aspirations require me to be good in science (which I am not). I like the teaching style and teacher(s) too - They're kind and easily approachable.


See the picture? We're playing 'Blow Wind Blow'. I GREW! - I play my role as a fellow student. (The 3Rs are applicable here! WOW.)



No comments:

Post a Comment